I am a Ph.D. student in Computer Science at Waseda University, advised by Prof. Tetsunori Kobayashi. I design and develop "Human-AI" systems powered by crowdsourcing and machine learning. I strive to 1) improve crowdworkers' labor environment for higher wages by data-driven approaches, and 2) build ever-evolving AI systems by using crowdsourcing as a module.
- Jan 29, 2020I successfully defended my doctoral dissertation, "Fair-Trade Crowdsourcing: Predicting the Working Times of Microtasks" at Waseda University
- Dec 20, 2019"Predicting the Working Time of Microtasks Based on Workers' Perception of Prediction Errors" has been accepted to Human Computation Journal
- Aug 10, 2019"MicroLapse: Measuring Workers' Leniency To Prediction Errors of Microtasks' Working Times" has been accepted to CSCW2019 Poster
- May 17, 2019Presented in the Web Conference 2019 and received Best Poster Honourable Mention
- Jan 21, 2019"TurkScanner: Predicting the Hourly Wage of Microtasks" has been accepted to the Web Conference 2019
Tokyo, JapanApr 2017 - Present
Ph.D. in Computer Science - Advised by Prof. Tetsunori KobayashiApr 2015 - Mar 2017
M.E. in Computer Science
Thesis Project: Designing crowd-powered system framework for ever-evolving AIApr 2011 - Mar 2015
B.E. in Computer Science
Thesis Project: Video segment recommendation on MOOCs for supplementing information
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaSep 2017 - Mar 2018
Visiting Student - Advised by Dr. Jeffrey Bigham
Research Project: Striving to Earn More: A Survey of Work Strategies and Tool Use Among Crowd Workers
University of California, Davis
Davis, CaliforniaAug - Sep 2015
VocalTurk: Exploring Feasibility of Crowdsourced Speaker IdentificationSusumu Saito, Yuta Ide, Teppei Nakano, and Tetsuji Ogawa.
Predicting the Working Time of Microtasks Based on Workers' Perception of Prediction ErrorsSusumu Saito, Chun-Wei Chiang, Saiph Savage, Teppei Nakano, Tetsunori Kobayashi, and Jeffrey P. Bigham.
Human Computation Journal
Perceptual Computing Lab.
Room 40-701 27 Waseda-machi
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-0042, Japan
+81 80 1987 9784 Email